Preventic Tick Collar
Preventic tick collars prevent the attachment of ticks for 3 months, and detach existing ticks before they can transfer disease-causing organisms. Contains 9% amitraz and is recommended for use on dogs 12 weeks and older. Not labeled for use on cats.
Prevents the attachment of ticks for 3 months, and detaches existing ticks before they can transfer disease-causing organisms.
From the manufacturer's website:
- Demonstrated 92% efficacy in controlling a severe tick infestation after 24 hours—versus 63% efficacy achieved by a deltamethrin collar.
- Protection lasts for up to 90 days.
- Makes it less likely for dogs to get tick-borne diseases. By killing and detaching ticks, Preventic® Tick Collar can reduce the risk for transmission of Lyme disease, babesiosis and rickettsia.
- Paralyzes tick mouth parts to prevent feeding.
- Trusted by veterinarians for 25 years.
- Water-resistant—Effectiveness is not diminished if the dog gets wet.
- Virtually odorless.
- Two collar sizes available—18” for dogs up to 60 lbs and 25” for dogs over 60 lbs.